It’s a new episode of The Get podcast! I interview Guy Weismantel, the EVP of Marketing at Ncontracts, the SaaS fintech darling based in Nashville. I had the honor of placing Guy in his role many months ago, and since then the company has doubled. Guy gives a rapid-fire lesson on the do’s and don’ts of scaling — as close to a scale-up formula as it gets!
- Surveying the field of play first, and the wisdom of “letting the game come to you”
- Aligning on what scale means to your CEO and Board
- Avoiding overselling what marketing can do
- Assessing the resources you have at your disposal, both within and outside marketing
- Leading your board on a journey of where marketing is taking them
- Embracing the fact that your team members may only expect to be with you for a defined amount of time
We also cover:
- How the 10MM-15MM scale-up is different from the 50MM-100MM scaleup
- Key questions to ask the Board before saying yes to the marketing leadership job
- How to not get offended by Board members who don’t understand marketing
- “Moneyball” hiring
This is Episode 4 of The Get podcast, now in Season 4. This season, we explore the theme ‘Solving for the Scale Journey.’
The Get is produced by Evo Terra and Simpler Media Productions. Listen and subscribe here.